Friday, February 18, 2011

Effendy's Thank you letter

Hello,

My husband Effendy Sugianto suffered from a brain meningioma tumor 7 years ago and received an operation which left him unbalanced and requiring him to use a walking frame. My husband is 47 years old and lives in Jakarta, Indonesia. We are married and have two children (boy 11 yrs & a girl 9 yrs old).


After consulting with Dr. Eka, he recommended that my husband see Dr. Lin, who is a neurosurgeon that uses cyber-knife laser at Wan Fang hospital, Taiwan. Because of Dr. Lin experiences in dealing with this type of tumor, my husband urgently left for Taiwan to receive treatment.

After we arrived in Taiwan we received great medical care on 3rd August 2009.
Dr. Lin & his team welcomed us and took care of Effendy with simple diagnostic procedures. He was feeling excruciating pain on his cheek, neck and head.

The next day Dr. Lin & his team started to perform medical tests, than continue to perform cyber-knife laser on him. It took only 2 hours and then my husband could walk from the hospital to their hotel room. After 5 days Dr. Lin allows Effendy go home.

I would like to express my sincere thanks to Dr. Lin and his team for their hospitality during the treatment period. My husband said that he was able to tolerate the treatment and did not have any symptoms or complaints.

According to Effendy, since this disease discovered at the age of 41 yrs, his tumor started to become larger and larger. The tumor has made it very inconvenient and has caused him difficulty in walking and talking. Because of this, it has kept him away from work and enjoying a social life. My husbands said “My wish is that I hope one day I can walk without the help of a walking frame.

Thank you for helping Effendy to regain his health and joy in life Dr. Lin and medical team who helped him during this difficult time. I hope that you can use this experience to help more patients in the future suffering from brain tumor.


Best Regards,


Mrs. Fenny Sugianto

No comments:

Post a Comment